damp macs and brolly days

it is still rainy and damp. a couple of us cleaned up in front of the studio and gallery. i shovelled loads of cat shit from a corner they had all taken to. and someone else managed to remove the pidgeons from the pipes above, and using the old disused fire hose we hosed the whole area down like mad. it took a few days.
i got the old sink taken out of my studio as part of my clear out and it is now a planter in the newly cleaned front area, along with other pots of plants dotted about.
i do wish my life was as simply cleared up!
one of the local cats, though, is very needy and if she finds you she follows you meowing for you to stop and pet her. a little tabby, she has a collar so its ok she isnt stray, just very sociable. oh, and here you dont say 'pet a cat' or 'stroke a cat(or dog)' - you say 'clap the cat(or dog)'! i like it!

all the works that have not been selected for the Jerwood Drawing Prize in Wimbledon will be returned next week. i notice less people submitting each year. there is such a huge submission from all around the UK and only about 70 or so get selected. also the selections dont seem to be based on a particular kind of drawing - there is quite a wide variety. i think drawing is great, i keep going into the Fruitmarket gallery bookshop to look at a large book which is all drawing - its called Vitamin D or something i think. anyone interested in discovering more about drawing or just loves it should have a look! anyway its far too expensive or i would buy it, so hurray for galleries and libraries. its not the same though is it, as having it there to dip into whenever. i will have to start doing my own work. when i have finished clearing up my studio, and working out how i am going to share it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm sorry to hear about your damp macs and brolly days, although it did give you a great title:)!!
I am having a 'sweltering heat and soaked shirt day' which I could lend you for a while, if you like.
I love the sound of the new planter. Is it one of those really old rectangular sinks?

amvbflae xx
yes please - a swap! yes it is one of those very old rectangular, and very deep sinks; the front sort of slopes out as it rises up.
amvbaflae xxx
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday, honey!

I have something for you over at mine....go and see....

Hope you had a happy, lovely, lazy, easy, fun, wonderful day!

sorry about the time difference...tho' where I am it is still your birthday :)

amvbflae
bella xx
dritanje said…
happy belated birthday, sorry my card was sent late! I love to read about the cats and the lost cloud, and the photos, thankyou. I've spent days cleaning and varnishing livingroom floor, that's about it. Writing? Not writing. One day...
Love,
Drita Nje xxx