A Bug and A Bird

A curoius bug. sitting in George Square gardens recently, reading my book and eating an apple, i looked down
and there on my skirt is this bug - like a lady bird but all the wrong colours. what happened - did it wake up
that day and just think "all this red and black is just so not me" - or is it just not a ladybird at all.
silly question, i know.

earlier i had been eating a sandwich and i noticed a slight scratching about and a soft peep...peep... behind me very close. i slowly turned round to find a blackbird poking about there, so i carefully crumbled up tiny bits of bread and threw behind. at first he was a bit nervous and hopped away, but then he came back again and now and again utterd another couple of peep... peeps.. and got used to my back throws of crumbs.

with the weather now being so much warmer, i have been able to have windows wide open. several mornings waking before the general hum and noise of the city takes on there has been a thrush singing. unbelievable, but true. it has cheered me up a lot reminding me of the year I spent living in Iona; the winter in a house by the sea - come spring and a thrush took to sitting on the chimney pot above my bedroom and singing his heart out to wake me up in the morning. i loved it. amazed to discover this happening in a busy street in town, i scoured the rooftops till i eventually spotted him, perched on a tv aerial high up on the roof of a tenement over the road.
What happy amazing beings they seem to be.

Comments