I will Try To Blog Again

I will try to blog again.
I seem to have lost the wherewithall for blogging over the last few months.
I have no idea why, really, but perhaps it was just not one of the most important things on my mind..

So, i will start this new phase (hopefully) of blogging with :
It is slightly warmer today than it has been over the past month and a half.
It has rained a lot, been cloudy and windy ever since the end of April.
I will probably moan about this quite a bit because I am fairly bothered by it.
So it is warmer today and the sun actually shone, although it still is not warm enough really.
I met a friend in the National Library for coffee, we sat outside.
I went for a walk with my book, sat and read for a bit in the sun (fleece still on), I am reading Kiran Desai - The Inheritance Of Loss.
It cheers me because her writing is brilliant, and often funny while dealing with quite hard subjects.
I am pleased because Amitav Ghosh's new book has at last been published - his second in his Ibis Trilogy, where The Sea Of Poppies is the first. He is another wonderful writer.
My list of projects is still in list form.  I dont think i have really begun one properly yet.
Oh well actually i have begun one which is to type up my dissertation on the compter as I did it when we had floppy discs and they wont work anymore.  Just so i can have it digitally and then use a pagemaker to put it all together with the images.
well, why not.  All that work, eh? might as well.

Oh yes, also been scanning my father's slides - so many to get through - but now i have almost finished the Thailand early 1960s ones.  some have gone a bit pink and funny.  they all take me back to when we lived there, many memories. I don't think i will ever go back, never go back, really.  too many changes will have happened.  too many memories to get lost in.

My window box plants are being very slow this year due to this weather.
the wee plants struggle on tho, they don't give up.
i bought a deep red pelagonium (what?!! a sort of geranium thingy!) from Homebase in their 'bucket' sale going cheap, rescued it - nothing wrong with it.
Re-potted, happy plant now.

it is cloudy and windy again.

my love and greetings to all.

Comments

oops its just before the full moon, not really the best time to start anything. :)
dritanje said…
sure it's a fine time to start just about everything, this ere full moon. Lovely to see you back writing again! Funnily enough I too rescued a planet recently a begonia I think.
The weather is nuts I agree. Just noticed my freudian slip, I think i'll leave it as it is,
lots love xxx