birthday in Fife

 A friend of mine moved to a wee place in Fife a couple of years ago.  I often visit, and this was a special visit being my birthday in full sunshine!  My friend has been looking for a lochan, where apparently you can swim, for some time, and on this day we decided to set out to find it, having first agreed to turn back if the walk seemed too long or boring!  It was about 6.30 when we set off. 
 My sister phoned me from America while we were contemplating the view and local cows! it seemed surreal to speak to someone across the world on a small device, standing in the middle of nowhere, but it was great to speak to her and she doesnt sound at all American! 

 Eventually we arrived at an old steading, where you either turned back because you thought you might be going into someone's farm, or you carried on along the track because there were sounds of splashing and laughter up ahead. Obviously we followed the splashing and laughter.

 and were greeted by this amazing lochan, the local reservoir - fishing by serious men in boats, young boys with nets, people swimming, dogs swimming, a lovely place to hang out, the sun still warm pouring a golden light on everything.




we got back to the house about 9.30, time for a beer and the quickest thing we could find to eat, happy!
a lovely end to the day - until i spotted the sunset
a lovely end to a beautiful day.


Comments

Jenny Woolf said…
Oh that looks beautiful, what a perfect experience!

It's always so much nicer to swim in a natural place than in a pool, too.
dritanje said…
I am so glad that the card arrived in time and that you had the best, hottest I think day of the year for your birthday and spent it in such a lovely place. Would be great to meet up soon I'm busy moving things for f's new flat but soon! xx
dritanje said…
yes you did thank me for the card! [re your comment on my blog]. and no, I'm not away again, I'm still putting up descriptions of the last trip. 'Sfunny, it's like living in two times - and then there's all the other 'times' that come up when you remember and remember what you remembered then....!! In fact I think it could all be one big time like a big pool you can dive into and bring up pearls. M xx