Been co-opted as an aunt by next door's young tom, Munro.  Just caught him here as he stretched from a long snooze on the sofa, time to go out again he reckoned.  I was also going out 15 mins later, and felt a slight pang as I saw him waiting at his own front door, with no-one home. Wondering about making him a wee nest in my shed with a cat flap. Maybe thats a bit over the top!! Will speak to his mums :-)

Actually had a sunny day yesterday, took advantage and did a load of washing that could be hung out.  so used to having a pulley for sheets, I recently made the mistake of tumble drying sheets - mistake because of huge cost and also because they come out so creased that i felt compelled to iron them - so they sat in a corner for ages, until yesterday when i managed to iron on the new table i have, what a palaver. but no space to keep an ironing board, which isn't a problem usually because i never iron. and will not be tumble drying sheets again.

Got the ladder out, tried to hang another bird feeder in the tree but branches are far too high.  Had the bright idea to use my walking stick, put the feeder on that and tried to hook it onto a branch, but it fell off and all the seed scattered all over the grass.  Gave up in disgust.  How can a tree manage with its branches so high up? It is really inconsiderate of it, although I suspect it was hacked by a person at some point - no proof of that though.

Monday - cleaning loos day, so am off to do that, having been tempted into a cafe I pass on the way there, this is me having a displacement activity moment.  Always dread the loos, but its good when they are done.

Have severely over-spent recently, which is a nuisance as I have decided I need a new shed - a bigger shed for which there is room in the shed space.  Will have to save up for it.  Always seems to be saving up for something these days!  Most of which has been achieved it has to be said.

Must go clean....


Comments

dritanje said…
lovely glimpse into your new life. I'm sure you will get used to the pleasures of hanging out washing and I agree that ironing is not a necessary accomplishment. Good luck with the shed savings.
Mxx
try saying 'shed savings' quickly!! i just did (in my head!)
Thanks Mxxx
Glad to see you settling well into your new home...it must be energizing to now have a garden.
I always find that a bit of gardening is an excellent prelude to other creative pursuits,especially at this time of year!

Happy Spring T!
Rubyxx
Thank you Ruby! To you too!
Txx