The drains are playing up, smell-wise. Not pleasant but hopefully easily sorted. Will have to wait and see.
Other news is that i have a few more photos to put up




 A walk home early evening through the park and a couple more of the garden, looking forward to spring and summer when sleeping plants wake!

Keep having ideas about what I'd like to plant, and then remembering I need to wait to see what is there first and that means waiting a year - well - roughly - i may not be that strict.
It is quite odd having to get a bus every time I want to go anywhere - well, anywhere that is not for a walk along the canal or up the hill - both of which are pleasant.

Looking after neighbours' cats this weekend! Munro is the young ginger who has taken to visiting me fairly often and is now quite at home and knows where to find his tin foil balls to play with in the flat! He is very sweet and quite voiceferous.  The other one is a lovely tortie who is quite shy and has not yet had the courage to visit, she is older and more mature, will get a photo one day.

A pal who visited recently and I put a bird feeder up in the cherry tree and the other day i actually saw a few birds feeding, but i have not seen any since.  I do believe cats and birds can coexist.  I was trying to hang up another feeder this morning with seeds in it but just couldn't reach relevant branches in the tree.  The tree has been chopped back by someone in rather a haphazard manner leaving it's branches rather oddly angled and high up the trunk.  It needs another trim but no idea how that is to be done without getting a tree surgeon to do a proper job.  Anyway, apparently it is lovely and has edible cherries.  I do think there ought to be a rowan in the garden as well, but don't really think it is feasible in such a small space.  Also want one of those shrubs whose branches go deep red and orange in winter.  Need hollyhocks, delphiniums, stock, pentsemon not sure how to spell that, sunflowers, larkspur, scabious, plus of course the usual annuals - poppies, nasturtium, sweet peas, etc. scabious might be an annual, can't remember.  other stuff too, but of course will have to wait till later in the year to see...... etc.  Oh, and I want wisteria.

Built an Ikea table yesterday.  Finally got the table after scouring as many 2nd hand places and charity shops as I could manage, and ended up with this.  It was unbelievably heavy and I couldn't even lift it in the shop.  Instructions said it needed 2 people.  Anyway I decided to start building it and get as far as I could on my own before calling on the neighbours.  I finished it, managed on my own. Very good.  Trouble is now the sitting room looks rather crowded.  There is still an amount of sorting out and finding homes for things to be done though, so this is not the final layout.
Overall I am pleased with my little house, a bit like a cottage although it is actually a ground floor flat.


Comments

dritanje said…
great to read the list of things you would like in your garden. I'm sure if you bought just one or 2 at least, there would be room for them, despite what is there already. Well I don't know but I don't like to think of you having to wait to find out when you have such clear enthusiasm! Well done putting up the table too.
Mxx
yes, probably I might get one or two, although it is also exciting waiting to see what comes up! Txx