It is 2019, 7th January, such a dark time of the year and yet again i have been low with bad cold and cough - now on the mend.  The dark gets right into me and i become dark myself, struggling to find any reasons to do things while being determined not to sink into the black hole of inactivity. So at least the cleaning gets done. Which is something for me, being such a clart.
The garden is neglected, the soil in a bad way, plants gone dead and brown, it is windy and it is cold.
I like to keep the old dead things around the garden to help any wildlife, especially a passing hedgehog, get about without being pounced on.  Hope there is a hedgehog in the hedgehog house.
Mainly it is the soil i need to improve, the large tree makes things more difficult as does all the expense of buying compost etc. I will persevere, do it in stages, nearer spring time.
For now, i have rearranged some furniture having rid the room of xmas stuff, in order to give myself a small space meant for painting at. And here I am at it, totally unable to paint at all.

There is a new tenant upstairs. A man apparently. He has quite heavy footsteps, but then most men do. The last tenant, a woman, was incredibly quiet. I hope the man isnt very noisy, hasnt been so far.

I was in Salsibury before Christmas for a few days, staying in a hotel with my sister in law, it was a real treat she gave me.  Hanging out with her was very relaxing and enjoyable.  We saw some of my brother and niece, and aunt, and i was quite sad not to be staying for Christmas.






A very strange thing on a tower on the bridge - and wreath of handcuffs!

again

At my favorite venue in Salisbury, Fisherton Mill art centre, studios, cafe and shop


Cathedral cloisters


Think this might be called the Quire, not sure


Cathedral Christmas globe


Side chapel, my brother and my son have a leaf hanging there now


moon


The font, the large globe reflected therein


more perspective



A window in the hotel corridor !!


There it is. Nice memories. I did think about looking up rental prices in Salisbury when I got home. Then I remembered that things and places always seem better when on holiday, living somewhere will always be different.

This is my cousin Janet, but I dont remember what the programme was.


Here is my niece at Edinburgh airport trying to sort herself ready for security check


She's getting there


now she is ready to go


She flew up for a couple of days' visit.


it is time to go now, not sure where, i just need to move, change environment, get away from cabin fever. 

Comments

dritanje said…
Your photos are lovely, it is good to see the places you have been and that have made an impression on you. It's an odd time of year, as if we are at the bottom of a ravine, with a long climb ahead, up to the light (so I feel anyway), as if it's us! who have to climb, but really it is the sun and we will be carried upwards. I was surprised today by appreciating a faint pinkness in the sky and reflected on a river, and then a tiny Moon-paring, a glimmer of light. Lots of love to you, M xx
Thank you my dear, and lots of love to you too Txx